Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Country Roads and Rainy Days


There isn't anything quite like the delicious smell of soil on a rainy day. Our lovely snow melted very early this year, making front yards mud pits, and turning even the most peaceful of dirt roads into a treacherous wasteland (or a Land Rover's paradise, depending on your view). I admit, I rather enjoy slipping and sliding through the slosh, in my four-wheel-drive, on my way to work each day. Its rather exciting. 


Mud season really is a fifth season here in New England, it starts in March, and goes through to May. Wellies are essential at times like these, as even a jaunt to the grocery store can result in a muddy mess. I imagine this is what it is like in the English countryside all year round. 

Check out a few of my favorite mud and rainproof accessories at the bottom of the post!








Rain Jacket: Barbour (shop similar style below)
Jeans: LOFT
Shirt: J. Crew (also shop similar styles below)
Sweater: Polo Ralph Lauren (old)
Boots: Hunter
Umbrella: Barbour



No comments:

Post a Comment