Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Touring New England: Part Two

I cannot wait to check some of these places off my list. They are all so intriguing and stunning!

Newport, Rhode Island
1.) Newport, RI

Newport, I feel, is one of the crown jewels of New England. It has elegance, style, and rich history. I would love to visit downtown for the authentic New England seaside-town experience, but I think the best part of visiting Newport would be the cliff walk. Three and a half miles of ocean views to one side, mansion views to the other. Not to mention touring said mansions when you're all done! I can't wait to make a day of this sometime in the future, sooner rather than later.


Wickford, Rhode Island

2.) Wickford, RI

Wickford, I have heard, is one of the most charming towns. It is by the ocean and has lovely historic houses and little shops that make up its center. 


Burlington, Vermont

3.) Burlington, VT

Right on the banks of Lake Champlain, Burlington, though a small city, is the largest city you can find in Vermont. The Church Street Marketplace is an attraction with shopping and dining. Burlington is also home to the Burton Snowboards Flagship Store, which means there is more than one reason for me to visit this city.


Manchester, Vermont
4.) Manchester, VT

As you can see, Manchester is just picture perfect when Autumn rolls around. It has been home to many notable people, including Robert Todd Lincoln (son of Abraham Lincoln), who's summer home, Hildene, you can tour! Manchester also has a small designer outlet mall. Definitely worth a trip during the Fall season.


Rockport inner harbor showing lobster fleet and Motif #1
Rockport, Massachusetts

5.) Rockport, MA

Located in northeastern Massachusetts, Rockport seems to be the quintessential seaside town. Visiting here for the photography opportunities alone would be enough, not to mention the cute downtown area with its shingle-sided shops and seafood dives. 


Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts

6.) Martha's Vineyard, MA

Another of Massachusetts' amazing islands, Martha's Vineyard has been an attraction and vacation destination for years! Its towns even have charming names like Oak Bluffs, Tisbury, and Edgartown. With its "gingerbread houses", historic streets, endless beaches, and lighthouses, I'm starting to wonder why I've never been there before!


Lenox, Massachusetts

7.) Lenox, MA

Now here is a place that excites me! Lenox is the home of many large estates and historic mansions! Many famous people in history lived in Lenox at one point or another. I would love to visit this town, tour The Mount, and dine at Wheatleigh!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julia! Just wanted to write and say "hi" and that I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog! I am Ashley, and a New England blogger as well. We definitely have a similar style and a true love for New England life. I blog over at Nautical Nomad and just started early last year. Can't wait to follow along on your posts :-) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ashley! Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad you are enjoying my blog. I love yours too, and your style is perfect! New England is simply the greatest!
      Cheers!

      Delete